BAB Associates is a full-service Marketing and Public Relations firm specializing in obtaining positive media coverage for its clients; assisting in aggressive marketing programs, leveraging marketing communications to enhance an organization's profit picture.
BAB Associates delivers results without the hefty fees of other firms. We also rely on alliance partners to provide a fresh perspective. Our alliance partners include design partners, web site development, video production and lobbying and legal services. Why pay for overhead services you may not need or use? With BAB Associates, you get the best of all worlds and can leverage our purchasing power to secure outside services at lower cost than if contracted directly.
- Marketing Associates (graphics)
- Communicore (video production)
- Photography (architectural, event, executive portraits)
- Special Events (Tents, catering, talent)
- Advertising (various agencies for print and broadcast)
In addition our firm, works with companies in times of crisis; providing smart communications counsel for organizations experiencing change. We have niche expertise in a host of other service offerings including: Fundraising, Tax Abatement/Incentives for buildings and developments, Regulatory approvals for construction/development projects; Business Growth strategies; Corporate Culture Change Management.
BAB Associates was first established in 1992 by Bruce A. Babiarz in Troy, Michigan. The firm currently is located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and has created a virtual company with other alliance services providers to minimize overhead and provide superior quality services to clients at highly competitive rates. The alliance allows for utilization of specialized skills only as they are required without maintaining high overheads and providing the right personnel and talents for each project. Many firms assign an "account team" of their own personnel to generate billings regardless of whether each team member is performing a truly essential or vital role on the project. BAB Associates provides a fresh and cost-effective alternative to this traditional approach and enhances client value in the process.
A significant difference between BAB Associates and other PR firms is staff and alliance partner experience. The experience in public relations/ communications among the staff –– averages 15 years. Our senior staff members average 20+ years of experience. (The model most firms follow is one or two senior-level staff with the remaining staff members being junior-level.)
Bruce Babiarz is extremely credible with Detroit-area media. As a former journalist with The Detroit News, United Press International and WXYZ-TV, he is well known to industry colleagues and respected for his professional approach to the media and first-hand experience in how the media works and prefers to work. Few public relations professionals in the area possess that range and depth of media experience.
We have conducted many public relations programs, fundraising and revenue enhancement programs for major companies and organizations including: Automation Alley; Oakland Community College; Continental AG and Little Caesar Enterprises. Other clients include Synergy Group, Inc. Lormax Stern-Grand Sakwa JV, Boss Engineering, Inc., Advance Medical Laser Centers, Petrella Designs, SF Design, Inc. and Bayview Yacht Club.
Confidential crisis clients include many of Michigan's most prominent companies and several Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations in other states, as well as high-profile individuals. Special crisis expertise includes workplace issues such as, violence, sexual harassment, murder-suicides, natural disasters and catastrophe/disaster planning.
BAB Associates, LLC staff and alliance team members that would work on the marketing and fundraising project on an as-needed basis includes:
- Bruce Babiarz – President, with more than 20 years of marketing, communications and fundraising experience. . He will be the project manager and the day-to-day contact on the account.
- Kevin Rushton - Vice President, consulting and professional services
- Steve Fritsch – Alliance Team Member, 18 years of experience. Steve will assist Bruce with design of collateral materials and web site development.
- Sue Harrison – Administrative Assistant, 9 years of experience.
- Jeff Liska – Account Executive, Research assistant. College graduate with four years of on the job internship experience.
- Keith Hearn - Design and Programming. Has worked in the industry of graphic and website design for over 12 years now and has worked for such companies as MotorCity Casino, The Charles H. Wright Museum and Specs Howard School of Media Arts. Keith specializes in interactive design and web programming including SEO, SEM, eCommerce and database driven sites.
Eli Board MSU Marketing Program
Public Relations Society of America Membership